Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ramen Tomita

Several days ago I learned on TV about a very popular ramen restaurant named Tomita in Matsudo, neighboring town. My daughter was supposed to go to some university in Matsudo to take an interview test for English exam yesterday so after her test we went the ramen restaurant for lunch.
According to the TV program this ramen restaurant is so popular that people make a long line before opening at 11:00. We arrived there at 10:40 and there was a long line already.

The following picture is the entrance of the restaurant. It's very small and there are only 10 seats inside.
You can see the line across the street with the end of the line. There is another line on the side of the restaurant.

How long do you think we waited outside before we entered the restaurant?
The answer is 2 and a half hour! It was so cold outside yesterday that after I came back home I felt sick!

While we were waiting my daughter counted the number of people in the line and she said there were 81 people!
This is what I ordered. This is called Tuskemen. Cold noodles with hot thick soup are served. When we eat we dip noodles in the soup. The price was ¥950, less than €10.
Noodles were very thick and the soup is fish base and very thick like elten soup. I would say this is very different type of ramen from what I am used to.
There is soup noodles, too and this is what my daughter ordered. I heard that they serve 250g noodles for one serving, which is twice as much as other ramen restaurants, and they recommended to lessen the noodles for my daughter so we did so. First my daughter ate egg and pork and could not finish the noodles in the end. I could finish the noodles but I gave up one pork and remained soup.
The good thing was that they also provide take out noodles for reasonable price without waiting. They sell a pack of Tsukemen with 300g noodles with frozen soup for ¥800. We bought a pack for my son who could not come with us. I prepared this ramen for dinner for my son and he said it is so yummy that it is reasonable that people wait for so long time for it!

2 comments:

  1. The only ramen I had ever eaten was an instant noodle from Japanese/korean shop in amsterdam.. I'm sure that couldn't represent the real ones :D

    It must be tasty since people are willing to que that long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear i.a., more friends became my followers. I was really happy. Thank you!
    Yes, Tomita's ramen was great.
    Nisshin's cup noodles are completely different food.
    Although recently some cup noodles are closer to ramen shop's thanks to advanced processing technology.

    My son asked me to prepare another take-out pack 1 week later. He really liked Tomita's ramen. He asked me to get more take-out packs this weekend.

    ReplyDelete